Tornano gli ISSNAF Awards for Young Investigators, i premi istituiti dalla Fondazione che riunisce gli scienziati italiani in Nord America per sostenere i talenti emergenti in cinque campi di ricerca. È stata pubblicata la Call for Applications 2017, a cui si può partecipare compilando, entro le 23:59 del 30 giugno 2017, il form che si trova a questo link.
Il Board of Trustees di ISSNAF, che selezionerà i finalisti il 15 settembre 2017, incoraggia tutti i ricercatori all’inizio della loro carriera che oggi lavorano primariamente negli Stati Uniti e in Canada a presentare la loro domanda e abstract di ricerca per competere in uno di questi premi: ISSNAF Award for Young Investigators – Scienze ambientali, Astrofisica e Chimica, Hogan Lovells Award per la ricerca in Medicina, Bioscienze e Scienze cognitive, Paola Campese Award per la ricerca sulla Leucemia, Franco Strazzabosco Award per Giovani Ingegneri, Annamaria Molteni Award per la Matematica e la Fisica.
I requisiti per partecipare sono la cittadinanza italiana, l’affiliazione in essere con un’istituzione di ricerca negli Stati Uniti o in Canada, un PhD o una Medical Residency ottenuta fra il 1 gennaio 2010 e il 31 dicembre 2015 (fa fede la data ufficiale sul certificato di diploma).
Le tre migliori proposte candidate per ogni premio saranno selezionate per essere presentate durante l’Annual Event di ISSNAF in programma l’8 novembre 2017 all’Ambasciata italiana a Washington. Tutti i finalisti avranno diritto a un contributo per le spese di viaggio. Per ciascun vincitore dei cinque Awards in palio c’è un premio economico di 3mila dollari. Per maggiori informazioni si può scrivere un’e-mail a email@example.com o visitare il sito www.issnaf.org.
Di seguito il testo originale della Call for Applications 2017.
Call for Applications 2017
ISSNAF – Italian Scientists and Scholars in North America Foundation yearly presents awards to acknowledge the research of young Italian investigators working in North America, whose commitment to their discipline of study is innovative, potentially impactful and honors their country of origin.
ISSNAF Board of Trustees encourages all Italian early-stage researchers currently primarily working in the United States or Canada to submit their application and research abstract to compete for one of the following awards:
- ISSNAF Award for Young Investigators – Environmental Sciences, Astrophysics and Chemistry
- Hogan Lovells Award for Research in Medicine, Biosciences and Cognitive Science
- Paola Campese Award for Research on Leukemia
- Franco Strazzabosco Award for Young Engineers
- Annamaria Molteni Award for Mathematics and Physics
Each winner will receive a certificate and a monetary prize of $3,000. All finalists will be granted a Travel Award, one (1) night at a hotel in Washington DC and a certificate of participation.
- Proof of Italian Citizenship (Italian passport or ID card);
- Current affiliation with a research Institution in the United States or Canada;
- PhD or Medical Residency (whichever comes first) obtained between January 1st 2010 and December 31st 2015. Only the official date on the degree certificate will be considered valid.
- A Review Board composed of international experts will score all valid applications according to the candidates’ curricula (titles, positions, publications, grants, patents) and the scientific quality of the abstract (study design, methodology, discussion, significance, innovation).
- The best 3 (three) applications for each Award will be selected to be presented during the 2017 ISSNAF Annual Event on November 8th, 2017 at the Italian Embassy in Washington, DC. Finalists will present their research with an oral communication.
- Presenters will be evaluated by the Award Jury, focusing in particular on scientific quality, innovation, CV, and presentations skills. The Award Jury will select the winners amongst the presenters and awards will be presented during a formal ceremony on the same day.
- The decisions of the Review Board and of the Jury are final.
- Applications must be completed only online from June 1st to June 30th, 2017 at www.issnaf.org/issnaf-awards-2017-application-form.html
- Applications must be completed following instructions provided online.
- Applications that are not completed according to instructions will not be considered. No paper applications or applications sent by e-mail will be accepted.
- All applications and presentations must be in English.
- All applications must be submitted by June 30th, 2017 (23:59PST)
- The Review Board will select finalists by September 15th, 2017
Finalists presenting at the annual meeting will be acknowledged with an official certificate, one-night hotel accommodation in Washington DC and a travel award proportional to the distance of their Institution from Washington, DC:
- West Coast, British Columbia, Alberta: $350
- Mid West, Southern States, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec: $250
- US East Coast (over 250 miles): $100
- US East Coast (less than 250 miles): $50
The Foundation acknowledges and is profoundly grateful for the generosity of our kind donors who made possible the ISSNAF Awards for Young Investigators: Strazzabosco Family, Formenti Family, Campese Family, and Hogan Lovells Studio Legale.
For more information about the application process write to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about ISSNAF and the awards go to www.issnaf.org